cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory fields in idoc in file to idoc scenerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

in a File to Idoc scenerio, can you tell me what all mandatory fields are required to be populated in the EDI_DC40.

In my scenerio, I see fields like

segment

Tabname

mandt

direct

idoctyp

mestyp

sndpor

sndprt

sndprn

rcvpor

rcvprt

rcvprn.

But I wanted to know, what are the mandatory once without which we cannot populate the idoc and update the database

Regarrds,

Arnab .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab

Most of the link as not mandatory as Prateek said

Helpful link

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhargava,

many thanks , Concept cleared.Learned a lot of facts, from the helpful link. Full points 2 u .

Regards,

Arnab

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check with the Segment Editor . u can see if the Segment is mandatory Mandatory check box would be checked

rgd

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

I agree with you,in my scenerio, i am using an idoc WPUUMS01. I get to see what all mandatory fields are req in this idoc to be filled. But I gotta know, what all data in EDI_DC40 structure needs to be populated !..I donno what is the segment for taht, but yes definitely these are the mandatory Control data !!

Pls comment, with reference to the EDI_DC40 structure, as in my File to idoc scenerio, i gotta populate taht with constant values, along with the idoc WPUUMS01!

Regards

Arnab

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The complete segment EDIDC_40 is not mandatory. It is directly filled at runtime by the idoc adapter. Only if you want to map some data in it from the file, then you have to fill it up. Otherwise just disable the segment and proceed with the scenario.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I just wanted to confirm once again, in a file to idoc scenerio, you mean to say , I can simply keep the edidc_40 structure empty/disabled , and the idoc adapter[in the receiver agreement] will do the rest!

I am asking you this repeatedly because in an interview, last I came to know threre are three fields in this structure that is mandatorty to be filled up else the file data won't reach R/3.

I will close the forum once u reply.Expecting your reply!

Regards,

Arnab