cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pegging in SNP

Former Member

Hi,

"SNP does not support pegging but CTM and PPDS does".

The way interepret this is the SNP planning Heuristic run does not link(peg) receipts to requirements.

I have a product at a location with some demand, if I run SNP location Heuristic, then the system created some purchase requisitions or planned orders depending on the procurement type.

Now, if I go to product view, there is a tab named "pegging" that maps the requirements to receipts.

When SNP does not support why is the system showing this pegging in product view?? What significance does this have??

I appreciate any explanation.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu

What you saw in product view must be dynamic pegging.

I am not sure where you get following comment.

>"SNP does not support pegging but CTM and PPDS does".

But above comment is true.

In APO. There are two types of pegging: dynamic and fixed. Fixed pegging means that the pegging

between input nodes and output nodes remains fix, even when the corresponding activities are

moved. Fixed pegging can be created by application side like CTM and PPDS. And dynamic pegging is created from livecache side based on the product master setting. the dynamic pegging relations are recalculated whenever the position of an IO node changes (any input/output node change).

In CTM and PPDS, we can create fixed pegging. But in SNP, it is not possible.

if you look at product master, you may see demand tab/pegging tab. So if the requirement has some receipt element within pegging horizon, liveCache automatically match its relation and display in product master.

Since the relation ship of dynamic pegging can change dynamically, no strong relation to planning.

In SNP. it is not displayed. And in PPDS like product view, it is displayed. If you change product master setting, or if you change requirement date or procurement date, its relation is recalculated.

There is some additional information in Note 393437.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

Answers (0)