cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.10 Drop Down List Problem as a Remote Application

0 Kudos

Hi All,

For the past few days I've had an issue with our deployment of SAP GUI 7.10 (windows version) in a Windows Server 2008 TS remote application arrangement. It works seemlessly except for a periodic problem with drop down lists (i.e. history, PO types), anything in a drop down list.

The problem:

For no particular reason, when clicking on a drop down list and/or when the tcode history pops up, the contents of the drop down list are shown overlayed on your last active window (i.e. if I had outlook open, I would get the contents of the SAP GUI drop down list over the top of my inbox).

This happens on numerous machines, all running a mixture of XP Pro SP2 and SP3 and isn't consistant, it sometimes happens, and other times it doesn't. Clicking the Show All button hides all the windows and makes the problem go away, but will then randomly crop up again.

For a while I thought this was to do with the sap logon pad so after a bit of investigation I tried the below which worked the second time around (by making the logon pad minimised), however it didn't resolve the issue (but it did take longer to happen).

sapshcut -system=RCR -client=300 -sysname="RCR - Production" -snc_name="p:RCRTOM\"%username% /MINIMIZESL

There appears to be no specific sequence other than alternating windows on the taskbar, after recording numerous steps, when repeating a step that caused the fault it fails to occur, but a few minutes later it will again.

Any help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Davey,

Are you using the latest patch of GUI 710? if not you may try the same with patching the latest one.

Regards,

Debasis.

0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for the input, that was one detail I forgot to include, which was that I am currently using patch level 10, previously I had 9, but the problem still occurs.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

I have now located the source of this problem, running RDP version 6.0 (on SP2 machines) causes this issue, however I was mistaken in thinking this also impacted SP3 machines as it doesn't. Sp3 includes RDP 6.1 and doesn't experience the same issue.

It's an odd one, but there is a Microsoft Knowledgebase article and download available here if you don't wish to install SP3.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=6E1EC93D-BDBD-4983-92F7-479E088570AD&displa...

This seems to be something to do with the TS server running on Windows 2008 server (I expect on a W2k3 server this wouldn't matter).