cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: MODEL_VERSION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using NW CE 7.1 and Java 5, I create an EJB, add it to an EAR and deploy it. I then create a new WD application, create and EJB-based model, connect a context node to a model node, build and deploy. In the component controller wdDoInit I have the following code:

MyModel myModel = new MyModel();

When the runtime reaches this line I get the error message,

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: MODEL_VERSION

Any help appreciated!

Walter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have faced a similar issue with NetWeaver 7.0. The Editor (NWDS) is sometimes not able to generate the model correctly. The same solution may apply to your problem...

Things that may be tried...

1.) If you are using a local WSDL file / RFC from an R/3 server - you need to check the model source. This means that you need to check the Bean where you exposed web services from or the R/3 connection or the R/3 BAPI itself. Usually it is the source that has been changed or is corrupted and we need to rebuild and redeploy this changed source.

2.) Another option is to delete the model and recreate it in the project. Also remove it from the "Used Model" section. And reimport the model. If you still get the same error after this - then there is a problem with the type of interfaces / classes used in the web service.

3.) To resolve the problem with the types of interfaces / classes - you need to ensure that each model class implements the required interface Serializable from java.io package. The same applies for Assistance / Helper / Data Transfer Objects as well.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks.

p256960.