Debugging Outbound Function module in EDI
I have a query regarding debugging function module which is used for creation of outbound Idoc for Purchase Order.
We have a Z process code which is assigned to a Z function module which creates an IDOC while a PO is created in the system.
But If I set break points in the Function module, the execution does stop there.
Can any one please tell me how to debug outbound processing Functioon module while PO is created.
There are 2 ways to to debug an outbound idoc triggered by an output type. One way is to set the output timing to 1, and save the purchase order and then execute RSNAST00 which will take the control to the breakpoint.
You can also debug the idoc with the output timing set as 4.
Here the idoc is triggered in update mode. Hence any breakpoints you may have set before will not reflect. Hence you need to activate update debugging.
Below are the steps for the same..
1. Add the output type in purchase order.
2. Enter '/h' to activate debugging in transaction window.
3. Save purchase order.
4. The process enters debugging mode.
5. In Settings tab, select checkbox for Update Debugging.
6. Click F8.
7. The control will appear to go out and re-enter debugging mode.
8. Now from the menu bar, in breakpoints option, choose Breakpoint At Function Module option, and give the name of the function module which is processing the idoc.
9. Once breakpoint set, click F8.
10. The control will now go to the function module. You can then debug the FM.
Hope this information is helpful.