Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging Outbound Function module in EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a query regarding debugging function module which is used for creation of outbound Idoc for Purchase Order.

We have a Z process code which is assigned to a Z function module which creates an IDOC while a PO is created in the system.

But If I set break points in the Function module, the execution does stop there.

Can any one please tell me how to debug outbound processing Functioon module while PO is created.

Regards

Arindam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the idoc is associated with the Output type then you have to start Update debugging. keep the break point in the RSNAST00 program and then you can test it.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe that Debug Nature of an Outbounf FM should be same as any other FM.

Make sure that your Breakpoint shoul not be on a Condition which is not getting true and hence the issue.

Put a Breakpoint on very first executable statement of the FM, which has to be executed once the FM is called.

You can also use WE19 in Debug Mode.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the idoc is associated with the Output type then you have to start Update debugging. keep the break point in the RSNAST00 program and then you can test it.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

But I tried both the options already i.e. I tried to put the break-point on the first executable statement that was a CLEAR statement.

And I also tried to put breakpoint on RSNASTED program . But did not work.

Please tell me some other procedures.

0 Kudos

The easiest is to make sure your output timing is set to '1' (Ouput triggered by batch program, being RSNAST00). In most cases the output timimg will be '4' (Output triggered in update run). When your timing is set to 1 the PO will be created and an output will be determined in the PO but the output will not be triggered when posting the PO. You can trigger the output by executing program RSNAST00 online. Input parameter is the application type and application document number. For a PO the application type is EF and the document is the PO number (that is of length 10, wehn shorter then it should be preceded with 0's).

Best regars Jack

0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 ways to to debug an outbound idoc triggered by an output type. One way is to set the output timing to 1, and save the purchase order and then execute RSNAST00 which will take the control to the breakpoint.

You can also debug the idoc with the output timing set as 4.

Here the idoc is triggered in update mode. Hence any breakpoints you may have set before will not reflect. Hence you need to activate update debugging.

Below are the steps for the same..

1. Add the output type in purchase order.

2. Enter '/h' to activate debugging in transaction window.

3. Save purchase order.

4. The process enters debugging mode.

5. In Settings tab, select checkbox for Update Debugging.

6. Click F8.

7. The control will appear to go out and re-enter debugging mode.

8. Now from the menu bar, in breakpoints option, choose Breakpoint At Function Module option, and give the name of the function module which is processing the idoc.

9. Once breakpoint set, click F8.

10. The control will now go to the function module. You can then debug the FM.

Hope this information is helpful.