cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know how to give authorization access in DMS for a person.

How to create a group of perons to give access instead of adding each and every person.

Example :

There are several folders, I wish to give Read only access to few folders but not for all.

How do I create a group?

Krishna Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think wahtever you want its all supported by PFCG transaction. You can create role add different users and can give specified access creat, read, write, delete, change, etc access at document different levels e.g DIR, Statuses, authorisation grps, original application access, object links etc.

I hope using this will serve your need.

Regards,

Pramod

award points if its useful for u

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

tryu this,

Authorization object C_DRAW_BGR can be used to restrict access to individual documents. It works like a simple on/off switch. If the check of object C_DRAW_BGR is fine, the user's authorization can be further restricted by checking C_DRAW_TCD (check only based on the document type) or C_DRAW_TCS (check of the combination of document type and status).

• At the fifth level there is a BADI called DOCUMENT_AUTH01, which you can use to design your own authority check.

ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Your question is not acceptable from an audit perspective. At any point of time regulations such as

SOX doesnt allow anonymous users in the system which means you have to create the users on a need by need basis. If you are interested, try to automate the user creation process. For example you can build an excel sheet / sap transaction with connection to the underlying objects. So what you need to do is to just type in the name and make few choices, the system should create a user id automatically with all the privileges.

Sojan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sojan,

Thanks for your response.

As per my knowledge, SAP Portal DMS (SAP Document Management Sytem) is not an auditable system and there is no SOX involvement. This is purely informative and reference purpose. There are several folders created and uploaded the documents for information or ready reference only. Suppose say for some folders (say 5 different folders in different sub folders) few persons (say 10 persons) to be given for Read only authorization. Authorization to be given for each and every folder for each and every person for all 10 for 5 folders. It is time taking process. If grouping of those 10 persons, then it will save lot of time. In the same manner for write and Full access authorizations also. In case any mistake happend, it is very difficult to identify.

Is it possible to create authorization matrix for group of people? It will be great help, if yes. If yes, could you please let me know the detailed steps.

Krishna Reddy