cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container No. and Serial Number Relation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have a requirement where in we need to assign Serial numbers to a container number.

Scenario is like while Doing PGI Serial Number Will be assigned to the material after PGI goods has to be transported to customer. So this transportation is done in some container. For suppose there are 10 vehicles need to be transported each container has a capacity of 5 vehicles maximum, two containers are needed to carry these 10 vehicles. Each container will be having a unique number.

So i request all experts to give me a solution of how to assign these container number to vehicle serial Numbers.

Regards

vamshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenneth_chong
Participant
0 Kudos

hi vamshi,

am not sure if you have explored the packing functionality under delivery. Fro instance you have two sales order 11241 - Having 2 cars and order 11242 - Having 5 cars. you can group this 2 sales order into a single delivery for instance.

now under this delivery doucment you perform the packing (a container is a packaging unit). here oyu can group the 5 cars under one single container and the other 2 in another. By doing this it allows you to key many fields where you can assign the serial numbers. Lastly once you have completed picking you can perform PGI.

Hope the above helps.

Regards

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks For your reply.

As per my requirement, i need contianer number and the serial number relation. In Packing we get

Container as a packing material only(It doesn't have any Unique identification). If there are any

settings/data need to be maintained for this unique identification please let me know.

Thanks & Regards

vamshi