cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM Client - Only User View Manager Link Visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed the configuration steps as mentioned in the configuration guide for MAM2.5 SR2.

but after deploying the application in mobile device, Only the User View Manager Link is visible to me.

Details about client and server version is as follows

1. MI client 2.5 SP11

2. WebAS Server 6.40 SP09

3. Backend IDES server

Only thing which I am not sure is whether the plugin

<b>R/3 Plug-in 2004.1 SP01 for Mobile Asset Management 2.5</b> is added in the Backend or not.

<b>Is there any way to check whether the Plugin is added or not?

Also Could this be a problem why we are not able to see other menu specific to MAM?</b>

Appreciate your help in providing some solution for the above mentioned probelm.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello satyabrata,

refering to your question in the other thread("Best practice") i could confirm that your PI2004_01_0500(ECC backend?)is fine for MAM25.In the smartsync-Troubleshooting guide under 3.1.5 the MAM User View Manager problem is described.

Please try this link:

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700003117292005D

If this link didn't work,go to service.sap.com/nw-mi

You find the guide as link on the page(in the Media Libary/technical guides)).

The guide contains a helpful 8 Point checklist for the UserViewManager/No Application Data Problem in MAM.

I think this should help you.

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

I have already gone through the steps mentioned in the trouble shooting guide and followed all the 8 point checklist.

In the step-6 ( View Data MEREP_207 - I am able to see data coresponding to My UserID in the WebAS server) But still in the client I am not able to view the other link.

Also there is no file called a.MAM25_90.dat in the client.

Thanks

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrata,

May I know which MAM SyncBos are you using in your MAM application? You can get this from the merep_mon screen.

Regards,

Rahul

PS: May I have your email id?

Message was edited by: Rahul Gavande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I have geenrated all the sync BOs as specified in the Configuration document MAM25_001, MAM25_010, MAM25_016, MAM25_017, MAM25_030, MAM25_031, MAM25_040, MAM25_041, MAM25_050, MAM25_070, MAM25_090, MAM25_095.

May be I could not have understood your question clearly?

My Email ID is p_satya123@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I am not sure whether I have understood your question correctly. You had ask me about teh syncBO's which I have used.

You can contact me in this email id p_satya123@yahoo.com

Regards

Satya

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi sathyaprabha,

ur WAS is of sp9 and ur mi client is of sp 9 .

r u sure , it will work with sp 09 (server).

can u install the mi client of sp 09 and test it once again...

can u give the trace , after synchronization in MI client?,

there is lot of difference bw sp09 and sp11 (client).

the application architecture itself is different in both..

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Message was edited by: Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

We have tested with MI Client(2.5 SP09) AND WebAS(SP09).

Then we have updated the client to SP11.

But still we are facing the same problem.

Only thing we have not tried is updating the WebAS (Server to SP11). We are facing little difficulty updating it as the same WebAS is used for different application apart from MI.

<b>We have checked the 8 steps guidelines mentioned in the MAM_Troubleshooting guide and found out that data is getting replicated from R/3 to WebAS. <u>But data is not getting replicated from WebAS to Mobile device</u>.</b>

We have checked the data folder in <MobileDevice>/MI/data folder, there is no file called MAM25_090.dat file.

Please suggest if the WebAS server version(SP11) is the only problem in replicating data from WebAS to client.

If it is so we will try to update the patch.

But with the same setup ... we are able to find the data file for Sync BO MAM_070 ---MAM25_70.dat file on the client side.

Thanks&Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Satyabrata,

Try to upgrade your WebAS to SP14. i've had lots of problems when i tried to run it in SP09. A lot of reports pertaining to MI Configuration went missing.

SP14 is a much safer bet.

Regards

Arun.

PS: Reward useful answers

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI sathya,

in my last post , actually i was talking about

WAS sp 09 and client sp 11.

not sure , whether sp11 client can successfully sync with sp09 WAS.

it might be one of the reasons?.

have u changed ur application ?. or using the standard application?.(i mean added syncbo's or not).

just check the meRepMeta.xml file , is there any reference to MAM25_090 (item).?

just change the trace to Information and after sync,

just look whether there is any MAM25_090 reference in the log.

<b>Sathya just check,,

1) meta_childRow.dat

2) meta_topRow.dat

3) meta_field.dat </b>

<b> if there is no data in MAM25_090 , there will not be one MAM25_090.dat file in the data directory.</b>

just check in the

meta_childRow.dat ,

MAM25_090 entry got created or not in the folder corresponding to the first sync.

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sata,

which version of MAM 2.5 are you running(SR1,2 or 3)?

If you are running SR3 you need SP11 Patch 2(or higher) on the client side(See SAP Notes 901772). The user view manager problem can also be caused from the backend side. Is your IDES system a full customized PM backend?

Please also have a look into the following notes 861954,819066,773244 which refer to problems with MAM_090 caused by the backend.

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

can you tell me where can i find the <b>meRepMeta.xml</b> file?

Also tell me location where can i find <b>meta_childRiow.dat, meta_topRow.dat, meta_field.dat</b>.

<b>As suggested in the Trouble shooting guide I have checked the MEREP_207 table in WebAS. There are 5 records availbale for SyncBO MAM25_090 but these data is not getting replicated to client.</b>

That could be the reason why i am not able to view any other menu except User View Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

MAM version which I have used is <b>MAM 2.5 SR2.</b>

When I am checking the MEREP_207 table in WebAS, I am able to view data corresponding to User but this is not getting replicated to Client so I have feeling that Backend is working fine.. Poblem may be with replicating data from WebAS to Client.

But I am surprised that Data for only one of the SyncBO( MAM25_070) is available in the client and MAM25_070.dat file is there in the data directory of Mobile device.

I am wondering why the same is not happening for other SyncBOs.

thanks

Satya

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

It seems You are not online today. I wanted to discuss with you regarding this as I feel you have got some clue to the above problem.

Thanks

Satya

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

it will be there in the

<Drive>:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\webapps\<Application Name>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

I checked in the meRepMeta.xml, There are references for MAM25_090. But in the client side log there is no references for the sync BO.

Can you please inform where can i find these three files

1) meta_childRow.dat

2) meta_topRow.dat

3) meta_field.dat

Now I do not have any clue how to proceed about this problem...?

Thanks

Satya

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi sathya ,

it will be there in the data folder,

for the first sync after application assignment , what will happen is that application get downloaded to the client and the sync bo details (which are in merepMeta.xml file) got created in the folder corresonding to the first synchronization.

just look on the first created folder , it will be there ....

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I went through the MAM configuration guide and read through the client & server requirements ( Server: min - SP09, Client: min - SP11).

<b>However, the client level should never be higher than server level. This creates several sync problems.</b>

I suggest you to upgrade your server. You can take help of basis person for doing this.

Regards,

Rahul

PS Sorry for the delay, busy with other work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

These three above files mentioned by you are not there in data directory.

I checked the merepMeta.xml file, It has references to all the syncBO used.

In the Data directory, I found files *.fi0 and *.i00 corresponding to sync BOs MAM25_90 and MAM25_95 but no Dat files.

but for only one Sync BO MAM25_70 dat file is available and able to see the data corresponding to MAM25_70 sync BO doing Ctrl-N from the MI home page.

Thanks&Regards

satya

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

in the data directory , u just take the details of all folders inside that ..

form that select the one which is created first.

in that that 3 files will present .

just check it.

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello satya,

what do you got in your worklist monitor? do you have

download requests from your client? what are the status

of your messages?

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

In the worklist monitor for all the SyncBo's the status is finished (I-Finished) and there is no error.

When I am checking the outbound worklist(Display worklist data) the message is coming as <b>No download data from R/3 found in downloader.</b>

but while checking the data of MEREP_207 table i am able to see the data corresponding to the login User.

I am not able to corelate between these two cases.

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Sathya,

can u check table MEREP_10100(Replication DB), whether the data corresponding to ur last sync mobile ID.

just check the data wrto that mobile id.(here will have the details of updated data in client side).

data in RDB means updated data in the client device.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

I think we are going in right direction. When I checked the table MEREP_10100(Replication DB) for the specific client ID I am able to see only entries corresponding to MAM25_70. But there are no entries corresponding to other syncBOs like MAM25_90 and MAM25_95.

I hope from this information you can suggest me something out.

If you need any sceenshot or any file attachement I can send it out.

Thanks

Satya

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

<>

if no data present in merep_10100 , it means its not get populated ..

u can use EMULATOR .

just execute the report MEREP_EMULATOR.

here u have the provision to give the SYNCBO and particular mobile ID.

just execute this.

if it have any defaulat value(for example suppose ur user name) , then adjust the default value and execute this..

just check the inbox in merep_mon , check the data populated in outbox.

( after changes have u regenerated the SyncBos?) funny qn..

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishor,

I tried executing the report MEREP_EMULATOR with the input as SyncBO and mobile ID for most of the sync BO not getting any data as output.There are some empty rows after the execution of the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Finally MAM application worked in desktop.

Thanks to Michael, Rahul, Kishore and all for your wonderfull support.

There was no problem with Patch version of MAM. The only problem was with ABAP program generated by Sync BO.

refer to thread :

<u>

When I tried with User 'ME-SYNC_USER' it worked and the same is not working with other user and reason is already mentioned above.

I feel others also might have faced the same problem.

Thanks

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

In order to find out which pug-in you are using, if any, log in to your Backend, on the menu select system -> status. Click on the lens in the window, which pop another window displaying various components install on your Backend. The plugin is normally indicated 'PI' or 'Basis-PI' name. The value assigned to it will be the plug-in installed.

In order to see the links in the client,

1. make sure the User has been assigned data on the backend,

2. RFC destination has been properly configured on the MI server to connnect to the backeend

3. Run replicator for all the MAM T01 syncBos. Also schedule the replicator, so that you have up to date data.

I also suggest to you to upgrade to MI client SP14, which will reduce the number of problems to a large extent.

Regards,

Rahul

If this helps, kindly assign me some points.

Message was edited by: Rahul Gavande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Your plugin 2004_1_500 is absolutely fine. Kindly tell me whether you have performed the steps 2 & 3 and result of the operations.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Yeah I have performed the steps 2 and 3 but still not able to view other links. Is there any mismatch in software component version ?

One thing I am not very sure in the configuration guide Prerequisites for Middleware it is mentioned that Required - WebAS SP09 and Additional- MI2.5 server Component(SP11 minimum).

What does MI2.5 server component means? Is it the J2ee addin version or is there any separate patch for MI2.5 server available.

Thanks

Satya