SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Portion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For measured billing we have to interface to an existing legacy work management system that can only process and schedule meter reading activity on a daily basis. Usually I have always defined portions for a weekly period for half yearly read meters (26 portions read twice a year). I would like to avoid having to set up daily portions as this seems overkill and a maintenance headache in the future (when hopefully work management will be bought into scope).

Is there any way that I could restrict the number of installations downloaded on a daily basis without resorting to daily portions?

Many Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is no standard way to limit the amount of MRO's that's created (EL01) or downloaded (EL35). However, it might be possible to achieve this through one of the user-exits, by means of "creative" programming.

I can't offer an out-of-the-box answer though...

0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin,

I guessed as much - Unfortunately the client is determined to keep the solution as 'vanilla' as possible and any enhancements are hard fought.

Daily portions may have to be the answer in the short term - but there may be tears later.