SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collective Invoicing - Maximum number of child accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working for a client who requires a solution to bill and invoice a large number (in excess of 30K) of installations within a single collective invoice. Is anybody aware of limitations / restrictions on the number of child accounts it is feasible to manage through collective billing at one time (Obviously the billing and invoicing process can be multi threaded but will this work for collective accounts?)

Any advice would be appreciated as we are currently coming to the end of blueprinting and need to identify any potential pitfalls as early as possible.

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if there are limitations. But in a recent project we had some Parent (Collective) accounts with hundreds of child accounts. Billing and invoicing were really no issue. Bill print, however, was a nightmare! Most of the issues were due to special handling codes or reversal documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I remember, one collective account can be linked to a maximum of 500 contract accounts.

Those installations can be grouped, maybe, according to customer? Do you have 30k customers which you need to be billed on 1 invoice?

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the reason for having 30k child accounts attached to one collective account? Do you want to bill a supermarket chain?

Technically there are no restrictions regading the collective bill. The number of 500 just represents the maximum number of accounting items that are collected. If there are more than 500 it will be splitted automatically.

Do you perform a real bill with an underlying consumption for each of the 30k contracts or do you use a kind of flat rate?

Regards,

Jens