Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC and SQL not able to recognize a few Dutch characters

former_member211296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently we are facing the problem with few Dutch characters.

We are using the EP 6.0, ECC 5.0 and MSSQL Server 2000. The Dutch language is installed in the ECC.

For some Web Dynpro applications I have used ECC as the backend and for some other applications, I have used MSSQL Server 2000 as a backend.

When I enter the text values (with Dutch characters) it takes the # symbol for the ECC based application. But this problem is not happened for the all the Dutch characters only for a specified characters.

ECC recognize the characters like ú, û, ü. As the same time the ECC doesnu2019t recognize the following characters like ś, ŝ, ş etc.

Example in the ECC based applications:

I have to insert the Customer name: Hariúś in the ECC using a Web Dynpro application through the portal. But it takes the name like Hariú#.

The same character recognizes problem in the SQL side is happening. It is working fine for the characters like ú, û, ü. But when you take the characters like ś, ŝ, ş it takes the character s.

Example in the SQL based applications:

I have to insert the Customer name: Hariúś in the SQL tables using a Web Dynrpo application through the portal. But it takes the name like Hariús.

Kindly provide the solution for the above problem.

Kind Regards,

Hariprasath. R

Edited by: Hariprasath Ramalingam on Nov 8, 2008 1:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have .xlf files for respective language(Dutch)

Most of the times this is related with the content type. Please have a look the content type when its rendered.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

former_member211296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not understand the .xlf file and the content type (soltuion that you are meant for this issue) . Could you please explain in detail about the .xlf file and the content type?

Kind Regards,

Hariprasath. R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Internationalization of webdynpro app is done using the .xlf files which are similar to properties file.

You need to create this files for different language.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Answers (0)