cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are using material determination functionality.

In our case we get main item as 10 with item category TAPA & sub items as 11, 12 with item category as TAN.

When delivery & invoice is created only items 11 & 12 are relevant because 10 behaves as text item only.

But when sales order header value is seen its is more by the value generated by the main 10 item which is false.

Please tell me what should be done if we dont want any pricing carried out for mai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you still facing the problem, Please let me know.

The solution may be, for item category of main item remove both pricing filed and item relevent for billing.

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

check your item categories via VOV7. in Business Data, 'pricing' field for TAPA should be blank, for TAN it should be 'X'. after checking the settings, go to your open sales order > condition tab and update pricing.

if this still does not work, post again.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jonathan,

I have already removed Pricing X from the main item's item category TAPA, but its not working,

Please suggest.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, dhananjay.

after removing the pricing relevance from TAPS, did you update pricing in the sales order? if you are in a test environment, create a new sales order and see if the new settings work.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes I am in test environment & also tried the same, its still not working.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhananjay,

If the item category for the main item is kept as TAP instead of TAPA and item category group is LUMF, price of main item should not reflect in order value.

The assignment of item categories needs to be done accordingly. ( Document type + item category group - LUMF ---> Item category TAP)

(Document type + item category group LUMF + higher level item category TAP ---> item category TAN)

Regards,

T Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry posting it again

Dear Friends,

We are using material determination functionality.

In our case we get main item as 10 with item category TAPA & sub items as 11, 12 with item category as TAN.

When delivery & invoice is created only items 11 & 12 are relevant because 10 behaves as text item only.

But when sales order header value is seen its is more by the value generated by the main 10 item which is false.

Please tell me what should be done if we dont want any pricing carried out for main 10 item & it also does not get added to the total value at header.

Regards,

Dhananjay

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhananjay,

Go to Master data of the item 10 here you maintain the item category group LUMF-Structure/mat. below now system will take item level pricing.

Maintain the pricing condition records to the sub items.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhananjay,

As per my point of view in material determination your original material to be replaced by the new one.

But if both are appearing then there is some problem in your material determination method.

Please check your material determination method.

As per you were saying it looks like BOM case and in that case it will add all the prices.

Go to the master data of 10 and remove the price of that particular material to zero.

Then try to create it again your sales order.

Regards

Raj.