cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have installed Visual Composer on my machine, when i am trying to connect it with EP 6.0(by entering portal address on the right side of screen) and click the traffic light button, system prompts me for user name and password of portal. After accepting required details it's not preceding any further but displaying same screen again with blank fields of username and password. I am lost ...means don’t know what to do further....I am using EP version6.0.9.0.0

Please guide me ... what should i do???

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuldeep,

Does your portal credential have required role/authorization?

Check out that first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

I have administratot login. But i would like to inform you that i did not made any configuration on portal side related to VC. I just install VC on my machine n now looking for connectivity.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuldeep,

I don't know whether this will help you or not, deploy the .sda files related to VC those are present in the portal addons folder of VC installation folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deep, but i download VC from internet i dont find anything like this on that site.

But deep do i have to make any change/ configuration on portal also. actually i am using EP 6.0.9.0.0 and as per the installation manual, vc need ep 6.0 SP2 Patch 4 or higher patch...

Do i have to upgrade my Portal?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuldeep,

Try to download VC Patch 6.0 from service.sap.com/swdc.There you'll get the required portal addons.

Click on the link 'Info' in the download page to get more details on VC and Portal.

Thanks in advance,

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Deep!

Now i am facing a different eror message i.e. "Error - 32006: Search for BW query returned an error. Failed to connect to backend system. Check your system definition and user privileges.."

Now if i check the connectivity on EP with back end systems via "System Administration -> Support -> Support Desk -> SAP Application-> Transaction"

I can successfully execute any tcode using "SAP GUI for Windows" but if i choose "SAP GUI for Java" or "SAp GUI for HTML" it shows some error messages...

if I go to contection test for my system via

"System Administration -> System Configuration -> System Landscape -> Portal contents - > My Contents -> Systems -> <My system name>"

There are three options :

-> SAP Web AS Connection

-> ITS Connection

-> Connection Test for Connectors

after selecting all three options(check boxes) it shows red cross against first two options and neither red nor green against last option.

Please let me know if you can help me to solve this issue with your vast knowledge...

Looking for a positive response

Regards

Kuldeep Joshi