Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web service time out

Former Member
0 Kudos

I a trying to call a web service.

i get a time out error.

could it be because of proxy?

where do i give the proxy server name & port?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Udi,

It depends from where you are calling the webservice.

If you r calling it from WS navigator. You have to provide the proxy server address in the internet explorer options i.e tools>internet options>connections.

Note: It also depends on where your webservice is deployed.If it is your own webservice which is deployed on a server inside your lan then you nees to infact bypass the server address inthe proxy settings.

Reply me if you are not clear ,

yomesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YomeshP,

I am trying to call a web service from the internet.

but get time out from xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udi,

1)If webservice is your own developed local webservice deployed on a server inside your LAN then...

check if you have bypassed your server host name or IP address which ever you are to call the webservice.Because in this case you dont require proxy server in middle.

2) If you are calling a webservice on internet e.g Google Webservice, then you need to give the proxy settings inthe browser as I told in previous post.

Hope this helps

Yomesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

my scenario is your second option.

Where do i change the proxy parameters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying to make the WS call using a SOAP receiver communication channel ? what is the target url that you have given in SOAP receiver channel ?

Is the XI server connected to the internet ?

Also, pls try the WS url from your browser on your desktop and make sure that it is working correctly.

Thanks,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i open the WS navigator from the WAS and try to test the WS url from the internet it gives ne connection timeout.

when testing a url from the server it works fine.

I asuume its proxy

how do i check it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

>>><i>Where do i change the proxy parameters?</i>

In the receiver SOAP adapter comm channel configuration, within <i>Connection Parameters</i>, there are checkboxes for:

Configure Proxy

- Host

- Port

Configure Proxy User Authentication

- User

- Password

Regards,

Jin