cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what software componet should I create?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

Could ou please do me a favor? I'd like to create a namespace used for a custom IDoc transfer function. should I create a software component or use sap standard software component,

What' more, how to decide what software component to import under what conditions ?

Thank you very much !!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sony

Creation of Software component doest depend on using a Custom IDOC or so.

We create a Software component to introduce a new component in the Landscape.

If the IDOC you want to use is a component belong to already existing process then just use the same component version and if you think it make sense to make it separate from the current components in your SLD then create a new one.

Example: We create a custom IDOC for SAP CRM then it doesnt make sense to make another SWCV if SAP CRM is already a part of SLD.

Now we are doing development for some process like Third Party Order, Customer invoicing etc. Create software components that can be reused for any developments under which have a relation to these components.

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sony,

Already any software components are created for your scenario, then you don't need to create the Software component for the Custom Idoc once again.

Also you use either create new namespace or use existed namespace and import that custom Idoc into the namesapce.

Regards

Sridhar Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could u please do me a favor?

Sure.!!!!

Should I create a software component or use sap standard software component,

Yes Definately....

What' more, how to decide what software component to import under what conditions ?

what ever you created use that one only....!!!!