cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

In SMSY I am creating systems for my ECC6 servers (DEV,QAS,PRD).In Dev we have two clients 105 and 106 to whom i need to add.

I want to know first what is the significance of assigning logical component and for these two different clientsof Dev should i have to assign different logical component or same.

Please suggest.

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mittal,

You dont need to add clients manuaaly jsut add you system to SMSY and then add one client SAY 000 and tehn after this provide info like message server hostname ,instance number under header tab it will automatically pick all the details about that system.You use these system to define the logical component later on where you need to create a logical component for ECC then add version detail and finally give the system for dev,qua,prd .

These system comes inlist automatically if you already defined them in system..

Hope its clear to you...

Let us know..

Thanks,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Thanks for the reply but my both questions are still unanswered.

1- What is the need of logical component.

2-For two different clients of a system should i have to assign different logical components or i can assign same component.

Please suggest.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) When you want to use CHaRM on solution manager you should have all the system defined in SMSY.and then all these system should need to define in LOGICAL COMPONENT with role(dev,qua,prd).

2)You can define 2 different client to same logical component also and even you can define these in differnt logical componnt also ...There is no restriction to use clients

Hope it wil lhelp you...

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Answers (0)