cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a Crystal Reports .Net Executable and it runs fine on the PC that it was built on. However, when I copy the exe application to another system and try to run it, I get the following error message:

System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled

Message="An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Source="Sample Report"

StackTrace:

at Sample_Report.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 190

at Sample_Report.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_Form1()

at Sample_Report.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm() in C:\Users\saikaleya\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\Sample Report\My Project\Application.Designer.vb:line 35

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)

at Sample_Report.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 78

InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Message="Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Source="Sample Report"

FileName="CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"

FusionLog="WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.\r\nTo enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM
Software
Microsoft
Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.\r\nNote: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.\r\nTo turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM
Software
Microsoft
Fusion!EnableLog].\r\n"

StackTrace:

at Sample_Report.Form1.InitializeComponent()

at Sample_Report.Form1..ctor()

InnerException:

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am using Crystal Reports 2008 and Visual Studio 2008.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A couple things here:

Your application is referencing the Windows form dll for the bundled version of Cr that comes with VS.NET 2008 and NOT the Crystal Reports 2008 runtime. You need to change the references in the project to 12.xxx assuming you have Crystal Reports 2008 SP0 installed (this is needed for it to work with .NET 2008)

You need to make sure you deploy the runtimes for the appropriate version. If you get your application upgraded to use all of the CR 2008 runtimes you will then need to deploy the runtimes to the machine you are deploying to. You can do this by using the merge modules or the server install msi to get them on the machine.

Jason

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thank you for both for your responses and both of you were correct. I needed CR for VS 2008 runtime as well as some CR dlls which I added before publishing the app within VS.

Thank you so much.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See this wiki re. correct runtime:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/bobj/crystalReports2008

Ludek