cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To consume web service in ABAP is it required that server should be XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to connect to a webservice from netweaver 7.0 systemand it gives an error " Not configured as integration engine". Is it required to have integration engine to consume web service.

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was the issue with Logical Port Configuration for which I have posted another question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay

You can consume webservices in ABAP but its better to use XI in mid to avoid point to point communication. Using XI you can have a central hub for all services you consume or publish

Check this link as well

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

R u trying to consume web service using XI or without XI in-between . For later case u will have to configure a logical port for the web service where u will specify the location of the service .

Then use this logical port to call the web service.

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for your help. I am past that step and have configured a RFC destination and logical port to consume the service.

I am getting HTTP 500 / 400 / 405 depending on the value I put in url suffix in logical port.

I am trying to call a siebel web service.

Thanks

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I have to configure Soap Run Time as while testing I get below error -

SOAP:1,026 SRT: HTTP-Code 500: ("Internal Server Error")

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Please check your logical port/GP WSDL. Check the trace

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for bearing with me. Can you tell me how to check trace for Logical Port / GP WSDL.

What is GP WSDL??

I looked into SOAmanager ( Logs & Trace ) and its the same error as I mentioned above with the class name where the error occurs.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure....but definately for processing any message IE is required..