cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to RFC scenario

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Its probably a basic question but i am getting confused by the terminology. If we are doing a synchronous RFC to RFC scenario from A to B (request) and then back from B to A (response) via XI, then is it right to say that A is making an RFC call to XI or is it that XI is making an RFC call to A to get the parameters and then sent to B.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For RFC you need to create the RFC destinations

RFC means remote function call right? so source system do make call to function at remote location

Now RFC to RFC means

RFC -> XI -> RFC

System A trigger the XI interface to invoke a function at remote location of system B and which in turn send the response

XI is making an RFC call to A to get the parameters and then sent to B.

should be right answer

Thanks

Gaurav

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right but can i say that RFC in A triggers the XI interface by calling it to invoke a function at remote place i.e sytem B.

The reson why i am asking is about the terminolgy which i want to make sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> can i say that RFC in A triggers the XI interface by calling it to invoke a function at remote place i.e sytem B.

Yes you can say that..

In other words If you say like "When we execute the RFC in system 'A' via some abap report then it sends the request to XI and hence XI gets invoked. Now XI sends this request to system B and gets back the response".

Example:

request                                   request
Your Cell Phone (RFC1) ---------------> Service Tower (XI) -----------------> (RFC2)Your Friend's Cell Phone.
              Response <---------------          XI       <------------------ Response

Now as soon as you call your friend number, the service tower connects it to your friend's cell phone and when your firend replies the service tower sends the message to you as a response.

It may be a funny example, but I guess you will get the concept.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

@ kalyan: yes you can say that.

@ Sarvesh : Nice one

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (0)