cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need the SDM password for deployment via NWDS. I would rather not know this as Basis uses most of the time for patch deployment and less finger-pointing in case something goes wrong.

Is there another way for me to avoid this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the SDM account only allows deployment and undeployment(in case you have the remotegui available). Therefore that´s not a big thing. For development systems it should be ok to have this. Since the SDM password can and should be different from the administrative account that should be ok.

In case you really don´t want to know it you could let the sytems people deploy your code (for development this makes in most cases not much sense as they won´t be happy to do it 10 times a day). It´s also possible to change the NWDI settings for the track so that an auto deployment to development is done. However that is also not a good thing as you would have to activate the activity in order to test the code which will result in a lot of activities.

In case you can´t use a NWDI and things have to be deployed to production systems the best thing is that the basis people deploy it via the SDM remote gui.