cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Optimizer - Modeling question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to the Deployment/Optimizer area. I have modeled a scenario as described below.

And have a few questions on what I would like to happen during deployment.

Central DC: CDC1, Regional DCs: RDC1 & RDC2

Product gets deployed from Central CDC1 to RDC1 & RDC2. I have customer demand and forecasts at all the three locations.

I have defined ATD Receipts category group as just Stock on hand only (category CC) and ATD Issues includes AY, BH, BI,

BM, BR, EB etc. These two categories are assigned to the Location Master.

I have specified Fair Share Rule "A" in the Product master and location dependent penalty costs in SNP1 tab.

In the Deployment Optimizer profile I have mentioned that the Distribution is based on Lowest Costs for both Supply Shortage

and Supply Surplus. I have defined a Pull Depl. Horizon of 10 days, and blank for Push Deployment and SNP Checking Horizon.

When I run the deployment with all the three locations, what I notice is that the Customer orders and forecast of the Central DC are

satisfied before deploying anything to the Regional DCs.

My requirement is that the Central DC should deploy the available quantity at the Central equally among the Centrals and the Regional

DCs on a fair share basis for the Sales orders first, then the remainder of the stock should be deployed, again among Central and

Regional DCs on a fair share basis for the forecast and the safety stock is the last.

How can I achieve this equal deployment among central and regionals even though Central is the source location.

Could somebody let me know how to model this above requirement?

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I am trying to model the exact scenario where the ATD quantity is not being equally split but the whole chunk is being sent to one of the destination locations. Can you please let me know how you have setup the cost models.

Regards