cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of a ABAP Stack only Solution Manager 4.0 to double Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends

I have a Solution Manager 4.0 with ABAP Stack only(it was an 3.2 system, that was upgraded, the person that did that "eliminated" the Java stack).

I want to make a system copy and migrate the system to a better hardware. I made that copy with sapinst.

Now I am trying to import the Export Dump on the new machine. My problem now is that I have no JAVA dump to import (because on my ABAP Stack only system only an ABAP directory has been created), and the Solution Manager installationprogram does ask me where my Migration Export (Jmig:700) is...

I tried to take the export dump from the JAVA Component DVD (with manually faking the label.asc) but then i receive the error that the source.properties file cannot be found.

I created an empty source.properties file but as expected that didn't work.

Has anyone an idea how I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a source.properties file (from a copy of an older dump) and set there the system data. Than the import worked (the import asks for the labels for sdm and dmp where you have to fake the label.asc with the name that sapinst asked). Then the sapinst asked for the saptools.sar. I copied this file from an older BI dump and it worked.