cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need your help collegues : SAP GUI time

0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I work for a multinational company with SAP servers (ECC 6.0) in a datacenter in Europe.

We have several Australian plants who complain about slow response times.

After a thorough investigation it seems they have high GUI times.

FYI:

The SAP GUI time is the time needed for the data to travel over the WAN/LAN from the end user pc to the central SAP server and back. This value is used to measure WAN performance and delays.

I get this data from ST03N => user statistics => user profiles => GUI column

We want to pressure our Network supplier but I need benchmarking for this.

If you have a central ECC server in Europe and sites in Australia (or likewise distance) , please feedback with your average GUI time for these sites.

Currently we have an average between 1 and 2 seconds.

Based on your feedback we can then conclude this is acceptable or not.

Thank you all for your time !

Hans

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

I woudl like to knwo the average respone time. It seems to be a GUI issue/ slow network. In transaction st03n, you may find the transactiosn with high GUI time. Kindly check those transactions.

It is also possible that your users have been assigned disproportionately large user menus. We advise you to ensure there are a reasonable number of entries (nodes) in the User Menu. Refer to SAP Notes 203617 and 203994.

The users should have no more than 1000 and as an absolute maximum 2000 menu nodes configured. A high number of entries may lead to high memory consumption on the server and to long response times for the menu. You can check the same by executing the report profgen_corr_report_5 in transaction se38.

To reduce the high GUI time it is important to know whether the high time consumption comes from:

a. High network time

b. High processing time on the front-end PC.

In case of a: The high network time may be caused either by a high amount of data that has to be transferred over the network or by a slow network connection. To reduce the amount of data, you can activate the low speed connection and thereby work with lesser bandwidth. See SAP Note 203924. Other possible option would be to make greater bandwidth available.

In case of b: The user may deactivate the new visual design to reduce the CPU consumption on his desktop PC or should upgrade the front-end PC.

Examine the following SAP Notes and verify that the SAP recommendations contained are fully implemented:

- SAP Note Number 161053: Low Speed Connection is in use

- SAP Note Number 164102: Network load between application servers +camera front end

- SAP Note Number 62418: Network Load of SAPGUI frontend Communication (Required Bandwidth)

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Rupali

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi.

on the ccc forum for german user groups there was a speech about the lufthansa portal and how they tuned that. your problem looks like the same. lufthansa uses the solution manager (diagnostics) for root cause analysis and ent-to-end-measurement.

the powerpoint presentation was really good - they showed an example how to find out where the delays are.

if you want to you can contact me via mail - i think i have the powerpoint on the usb-stick.

regards,

martin