cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new keyfigure to Planning area is possible when it is active?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a new requirement, i just create a keyfigure in dev system.

And as for the procedure i have de-intialized the planning area and added the new key figure to planning area. and then to planning books. my purpose is solved.

The problem arise when i transport the same to Quality system. I am not able to see the knew keyfigure in the planning area in quality. i expected that, even the planning book is active in TAQ, the keyfigure will be added when it comes with Transport.

Do you think my expectation is wrong? to be frank, when it comes to production we can't de-intialized the planning area to add a keyfigure, as you know how risk is involved in this process.

Is there any way that we can add keyfigure wigh out de-intializing?

Thanks in advance

ARUN R Y

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Two things here.

1. When you transport, you have to transport the key figure that you added first to Quality and then transport the planning area. You have to follow the sequence.

If you have already transported the planning area and did not transport the keyfigure, then send another transport to Q system with key figure and then re import your planning area transport and this should solve your problem.

2. Effective SCM 5.0, for adding a new keyfigure, you need not deinitialize the planning area. You can go to /N/SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN right click on your planing area> change key figure settings and when prompted Yes or no, click YES and there you can add/remove the keyfigures.

Don't forget do a consistency check on planning area after this just to avoid any inconsistencies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

Thanks for your mail,

1, I have followed the Sequence like first i moved the keyfigure and then planning area.

2. I am able to see the keyfigure in InfoObject catalog in the Planning area Rt hand side in Q system.

3. And i am working on 4.1 version. the suggestion you made ican't find in my version.

So, if i de-intialize and assign keyfugre in Dev system, is it requires to repeat the same in Quality also!!!

i expected this during the transport moving itself it will assign to planning area in Quality...

Suggest me how can i move on this now. is the only way agian de-intialize in quality and assigning the same and repeating the same in Production?

Thanks in advance

Arun R Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Addign key figures without deinitialization of PA is only from SCm 5.0. Since you are in 4.1 you have to transport the key figure first and then the planning area. That is your only option.

Your QA system is usually closed for changes so even if you deinitialize, you may not be able to make changes to planning area. It is also not advisable to do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi arjun,

this is very useful for me , after long period got this.

babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi   Arjun  After activating Planning Area u can add Extra key figure it is possible  in 7.0 version without desalinization of PA

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if you can transport a PA if it is already active.  I just tried it using v7.02 and I got errors while transporting it.  Once I deactivated the PA the transport worked seamless.