cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a File to RFC scnario, My RFC return message's internal table contains 5 entries. How can i capture all the 5 entries from the RFC as a response

Is there a way?? Is it possible to capture multiple responses from a single RFC??

or we have to make changes in RFC??

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I have a File to RFC scnario, My RFC return message's internal table contains 5 entries. How can i capture all the 5 entries from the RFC as a response

>

> Is there a way?? Is it possible to capture multiple responses from a single RFC??

> or we have to make changes in RFC??

If I am correct then Put a LOOP on internal table while moving the data to XI, by doing so you will get all the entries into XI.

Make sure that the occurrence of source and target is 0...unbound, otherwise it will not capture all entries from RFC.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How can i capture all the 5 entries from the RFC as a response

You can capture the response using a Sync interface and creating the message type for response

With BPM

Without BPM

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file(Without%2bBPM)

Is there a way?? Is it possible to capture multiple responses from a single RFC??

or we have to make changes in RFC??

Yes you can capture the response from RFC. If your RFC is not able to provide response then you need to make changes to RFC

Thanks

Gaurav

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on your RFC, as how many rows it fills in its response, your response message will have so many entries in the xml. RFC is inside out approach. If you want to change the behavior, you need to change the RFC and import it again.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i have understood your question, your RFC response has 5 entries in a return table and you want to capture all. Yes it is possible. you can do that in your mapping program. you can use SplitByValue or other relevant functions to acheiev that.

I don't have details about the message that you have. So i cannot tell you specifically, how to do this. Better read about these mapping functions and this will solve your problem.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW04/helpdata/en/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Thanks

-Kulwant