Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing description of customer field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

SRM 4.0, server 5.0.

I have an existing customer field, that is working just fine in the shopping cart/purchase order - the field has existed for a few years without problems. However, I now need to change the description of the field, meaning the label that is visible in the ITS. So I changed the data element; all field labels, activated this, activated the include structure, activated the standard structure etc. But in the ITS when creating the SC the field still has an incorrect name (label)?

When looking at the SC in BBP_PD I see that the field label is correct, so this indicates that the web screen has not been re-generated or such? I tried running the BBP_DYNPROS_GENERATE without any success.

Is is not possible to change the description (label) of an existing customer field? I would really hate having to delete the field and adding it again just to update its label...

Thanks for info!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

You can use the report "W3_PUBLISH_SERVICES" to publish all the ITS services together at a time.

Did you see the OSS note i mentioned?

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha.

Yeah, I tried republishing all services and looked through the notes you mentioned, but still the same result. I think I need to raise an OSS for this... It really makes no sense that a customer field needs to be deleted and re-inserted before the description can be updated.

Any other suggestions are still welcome!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

The OSS asked me to go to

SE80

Function group BBP_PDH_CUF

and find the screen needed and then to go into there and change the field description directly. However, I can't find my field in any of the screens in that group... Again, my field is in the account assignment details, and according to View Source this should be in either the 0300 or 0310 screen, but my fields are nowhere to be found.

Isn't that strange? I can't seem to find anything in the BBP_PDH_CUF, and the BBP_DYNPRO_GENERATE doesn't give me any usefull screens either. Although my field has worked perfectly for years now, something is very odd here. Have you tried adding anything to the account assignment details, and could you then afterwards find your fields again under the BBP_PDH_CUF function group?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a *.ppt file with a possible solution then if you give me your mail i could give you this document.

I think you can use it to solve your issue.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

Thanks for all the input.

However, I do not have problems with the structure set up etc; the field is perfectly created as it has been working for years, but I only want to change the description and therefore the view on the ITS.

My : denmog at h o t m a i l d o t c o m etc (I have broken the add up as it wouldn't let me save the message otherwise) - I would like to see the .ppt file you mention, hopefully this can help me.

Disha, I tried re-publishing the specific ITS screen again from SE80, but is there a simple way to perhaps re-publish all services then?

pedro_santos6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the field to item level or header?

Go to SE11 transaction

If header: EEW_PD_HEADER_CSF_SC

If Item: EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_SC

Did you create a append of these structures?

When you create a customer fields, you have to put then in this table.

There you can change the description of your customer field.

Rgs,

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever you have done is correct.

As a last option,just check the following:

Republish all the ITS services in SE80.

Also have a look at these notes for regeneration of screens in SRM:

Note 877076 - Translation problems with generated screens

600410 Generation of the screens for the search results

632691 Untranslated texts in generated screens

649122 - Entry of customer fields only of upper cases possible

632982 - Generation of the screens for the sourcing

If the problem still persists,you can raise an OSS message for the issue.

BR,

Disha.