Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC 5.3 CUP: Looping Request due to mandatory Risk Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured a workflow in the following:

- submit request. After submitting the request a risk analysis is performed automatically and the request is forwarded to the stage "Access Owner"

- Within this stage a Risk Analysis is mandatory when adding new roles. After having performed the risk analysis the following error are displayed:

Message Code 9825 not found.Original Massage Value {}

Risk analysis mandatory.

The message is not defined in the message files of CC (all patch levels) but this shouldn't be the problem.

My problem is that I can't leave the stage because having performed the risk analysis the system still requests a risk analysis.

Did anybody have the same problem. The Version is 5.3-Patch Level 4.0.

Thank you in advance

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP,

could you please provide me feedback if this issue has been solved by any support pack?

Thanks.

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan, Marco,

I also had similar issues in CUP SP4, the problem was resoved by upgrading to SP6.

Thread

Good luck,

Vit Vesely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

this issue is still not solved.

Regards.

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having same looping error on risk analysis.

Did risk analysis and click continue without mitigation after clicking approve again getting same error message " Risk Analysis required "

How to come out of this loop.

s_pados
Explorer
0 Kudos

In addition to my previous reply, our requests do not loop. The approver can just approve the request and it is provisioned. However as there are risks it should go into the detour patch for an additional approver which we customized as a custom approver determinator based on Org Rule of Risk.

As no risk appears in the overview anymore CUP thinks no risks found and provisions the user. Of course we can not golive until we have fixed this issue as it introduces unwanted and unauthorized risks and the log file of the request does not contain the Risk anymore which will be hard to explain to any auditor.

Regards,

Stefan.

s_pados
Explorer
0 Kudos

Nitin, Marco,

Did you already solve this issue? We are facing exactly the same error using the same workflow scenario.

Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmine,

the message is now displayed. That's so far solved, but still I can't process the request when I add a new role in the configured stage. Having performed a risk analysis CUP still requests again the risk analysis.

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Any updates on this issue. I too am facing a similar problem.

Please let me know if this gets resolved.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kiran,

i'm not talking about approving roles created in Role Expert and requiring an approval. I'm talking about changing role assginments of SAP R3 users with CUP with request type CHANGE. Within the user request at the described stage the system always asks for the risk analysis.

I could answer your questions 1-3 with YES.

Regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

the connection to RAR (Risk Analysis and Remediation is properly configured as the Risk Analysis works. Also when I return to the request the risk are displayed on the "Risk Violations" tab but when then pressing button "Approve" the risks disappear from the tab and the mesaage "Risk Analysis is mandatory" is displayed.

I have tested the scenario as well with version 5.2 and there is bug doesn't appear.

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marco,

Check if you have performed the following steps for enabling proper CUP Workflow:

1. To enable workflows for role approval the file AE_init_append_data_RE.xml - with

Append option - must uploaded in CUP -> Configuration -> Initial System Data

2. In CUP -> Configuration -> Request Configuration -> Request Type

Check that Request Type RE_ROLE_APPROVAL exists. Make sure it has workflow type RE

3. Also check for the path for ERM Role Approval WF

Regards,

Kiran Kandepalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Message 9825 means :

" warning : "Access changed, Risk analysis is invalidated."

The access you have run risk analysis for ij request has either changed or some job in cc have changed validation check for the same.

restart J2EE and try .

Additionally , for getting clear messages import the ae_init_clean_insert_data.xml into AE again.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

It looks to me that even though you have performed the Risk Analysis, the System has not completed that step.

I would suggest to go back and look if the Connector to Risk Analysis and Remediation (aka Compliance Calibrator) is properly configured to CUP.

Regards,

Kiran Kandepalli.