cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Solution manager from Solaris / oracle to AIX / DB2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are migrating solution manager from Solaris / Oracle to AIX / DB2. Can you please suggest pros and cons of this.

Will configuration done earlier affect after migration.

Best Regards,

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AIX uses a different Java version (IBM version vs. Solaris Sun version) - parameters are not compatible. That has to be handled manually during the migration.

Apart from that the usual migration procedures apply:

http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for info.

My worry is not migration process.But after migration will solution manager configuration remain intact?

Will configuration done in SOLMAN before migration, affect due to migration.Any pros and cons?

Also Can you please suggest rough ( approx ) estimate for migration? Solution manager version 7.0 , Solaris 5.9 , oracle 10g.

Best Regards,

Tushar

Edited by: Tushar Chavan on Nov 7, 2008 1:06 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My worry is not migration process.

That´s why you must have a certified migration consultant on-site to do the migration. If you do it on your own and you have problems after the migration you will loose support.

But after migration will solution manager configuration remain intact?

Yes - it will be identical.

Will configuration done in SOLMAN before migration, affect due to migration.Any pros and cons?

No - apart from a different OS and database configuration that must be taken care of during the migration.

Also Can you please suggest rough ( approx ) estimate for migration? Solution manager version 7.0 , Solaris 5.9 , oracle 10g.

It´s impossible to tell that.

It depends on lots of factors (processor number/speed, speed of I/O subsystem, database configuration...). A migration is usually done three times at least to get the optimal number of R3load processes and database configuration during the migration process.

Markus

Answers (0)