cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What does Check indicator in SU22/SU24 mean .

The test status of an authorization object can have the following values:

Abbreviation Explanation

-

U Test status not specified

Checking authorization object (as in 'C')

N Authorization object not checked under transaction

C Authorization object checked under transaction

CM Authorization checked under transaction and

the specified field values are proposed in the Profile

Generator.

I want to know particularly about 'C' . It says that it is checked inside the transaction. But if we are not maintaining it in the user profile against what values it will check.

I have a requirement that inside transaction code M21N , user should be able to input particular cost centres only .If I check through SU24 ,A_S_KOSTL object seems most appropriate . But even if I maintain it in the user profile with some values it is allowing the user to access all the cost centres .Then what does check indicator 'C' mean.

Please give some input how can I solve this..How can I ensure that the object is checked inside the tcode .

Thanks,

Chitta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chitta,

To maintain custom restrictions for CostCenter(s) for M21N, you need to make sure that relevant AUTHORITY-CHECK for A_S_KOSTL values is implemented in the program that assigned to M21N. Otherwise, even if you include the auth.object to transaction M21N, it may not work as you are expecting.

As for 'C' status, it means that if you assign the tcode M21N to some role through profile generator (PFCG), authorization objects marked in SU24 as 'C' will not be inserted to the role's profile automatically.

Regards,

Mike