cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Table Overflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Today while monitoring the Quality system i came accross error logs related to lock table overflow.

1) I checked the paramter enque/table_size(currently maintained at 8 MB). the default value is 4 MB. on central instance.

2)check for ENQ, UPD,UP2 wp(there are all available)

3) check sm12(lock entries), sm13(for cancelled updates).

There are around 31 lock entries as of now. and no cancelled updates.

I have always seen locks in more number while monitoring but i never came accross this situation.

could you please tell me what else do we need to check.

Thanks,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please have a look at sap note [746138 - Analyzing lock table overflows|https://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=746138]

It describes a way to find out who caused the last overflow. You can then ask him/her what he was doing and then decide how to prevent future overflows.

Best regards

Michael

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is ur operating system, if its unix try to look for nfile(Hp ux), lsof (list of open files)--> this is Generic Unix command to see the list of open files on all the unix systems.

If the lsof returns with more than the value configured, then ur system will hung in its operations.

If this is due to enque server check the sm13 if there are any update processing requests awaiting.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

increase value of enque/table_size in RZ10, restart system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

while updating/deleting records from database may cause lock table overflow, check whether the locks was from only specific table?

cheers,

-Sunil