cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM: Apply pricing in header but availability in item

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already maintained bom with tap at header level and tan at item level.

Though I want the pricing to be maintained at header level but availability at item level. Also when I print invoice I want to print only the header item with the appropriate pricing and not the sub-items of the bom

Any idea on how to configure this scenario?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly elaborate more in a correct way to understand and propose a solution for your requirement.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The basic item is door. Door is maintained using a couple of sub-item (eg. colour, handles etc).

In sales order I want to apply availability in item level so as to inform the user if the sub-items are available. Though the pricing should be done in the header level (the door).

Also when I print the invoice at the moment I get an output of the header item as well as the sub-items which is a bit confusing for the final customer since he will get an invoice with a couple of lines that are not necessary for him. So I want to print only the header item with the pricing that I have conducted in sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

in SAP default settings for BOM, the pricing and inventory relevance are set at either higher level material or component level. these settings are controlled by Item Categories.

if your higher level material uses item category group ERLA, higher level item will have item category TAQ (pricing and inventory relevant) and the component TAE.

if the item category group is LUMF, the higher level item will have item category TAP and component level TAN (pricing and inventory relevant).

if you want pricing to be relevant at higher level, make the item category for the higher level as relevant to pricing and not relevant for inventory. do the reverse for the components. also, define your own item categories and item category group and make the changes and assignments here, not in SAP default.

as for your output requirements, we will check if there are standard settings available for this. otherwise, you would need ABAP to do so.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, you need to use the BOM functionality out here. In your case, Door will be your Main Item and Handles etc would be your sub-items. Now, according to your requirement you can give Item Category Group as "ERLA" or "LUMF" depending upon how do you want have the pricing. For ERLA, pricing would be on Main Item level and vice versa.

Hope this will cater to your requirement.