cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppresing Delivery note prints for certain sales order types/item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to find a way of suppressing some delivery notes from being printed.

Relating to orders for consignment fill up and consignment issue.

The delivery notes are needed to be printed for 'Consignment fill up order' type, BUT not for Consignment issue - as this is confusing some of the warehouse staff at month end.

All have the same delivery type, the only difference i can see is the item category types are different

Is there a way i can use the sales order type, with customer number as an access sequence for the Output type ?

- Or the Item category type ?

Is it possible to add sales order type or Item category into the FIELD CATALOG :- output for deliveries

Your help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can suggest you something, but do remember that I've never done such kind of thing till date.

>> Copy LF and create new delivery type

>> Assign this to your consignment doc. types

>> Kindly remove the Header output determination procedure assigned to this new delivery type

>> Then assign output det. procedure at Item level {according to Item category}

>> Then check if will cater to your requirment or not.

Please keep one thing in mind that I am giving you a proposal by thinking in one logical way and I can't confirm the practicality of the proposal.

Hrishi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201147
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is a way to add fields to the field catalog for creating condition tables. Go [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/9b/e82c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm] to see the documentation. If you can determine which type of delivery it is when the delivery is being created, then you could add a field to the field catalog and use that to create a new condition table to add to the access sequence.

Hope it helps,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the two ideas.

I have managed to add in 'ITEM CATEGORY' into the field catalog.

created a condition table with 'Sales org/Customer number and Item category'

Created an access sequence with this as the top and 'Shipping point' as the second access sequence.

Created conditon record with sales org/ Customer number and Item category = KEN for consignment issue

Not held a printer number in here so print is suppressed.

When I created a consignment sales order, and subsequent delivery and PGI this access sequence was NOT picked up - despite KEN being the item category for the delivery.

Any ideas on how i can get this to work ?

Thanks again

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If my understanding is right, then your requirement was NOT TO HAVE OUTPUT FOR DELIVERIES which are created against a consignment issue order. Right ? then why are you maintaining the condition record with KEN item category ? Just maintain the record for KBN only...

Hrishi

former_member201147
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I can think of a couple of things for you to look at. The first is that I'm going to guess that your output is header output. If that is the case, then the item category might be available when determining the output since item category is at the item level. The other thing to check is to make sure the field you added to the field catalog is getting a value in it. Check the documentation link in my previous post and make sure all the steps were completed. There is a place where you have to put code to move a value into the new field.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The first is that I'm going to guess that your output is header output. - YES - THE OUTPUT IS HEADER LEVEL

If that is the case, then the item category might NOT be available when determining the output since item category is at the item level.

- THATS PROBABLY WHY IT IS NOT WORKING THEN

I can see that PSTYV is in the Item determination of KOMPBV2

Back to the drawing board, to see if I can come up with something that is at header level, that is available for me to use.