cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexing on Standard SAP Tables Requires SAP's Recommndation or not ?

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want some information related to Index Creation on Standard Tables.

Since, some time, our PRD Server is facing some preformance related issues, due to "Sequntial Read" Action for most of Tables. I knew that There are misconcepitons for this action. But, I also have analysed Some EXPENSIVE SQL Statements which are one of the reasons for poor performance of System.

I want to Target Z Programs, which are exesuting some Expensive SQL Statements on Standard tables and taking more time. Even though some Indexes are already built on those Standard Tables. I want to make some more indexes for some Standard Tables."BRCONNECT -f stat" is daily scheduled and its log is saying that some tables have Unbalanced Indexes and always completed with warnings. Some SQL Statements are folowing the "Index Range Scan" Execution Plan, but, still they are taking lot of time.

I want to ask................

Whether, this task requires authorizations or recomendations from SAP People ?

*Without informing to SAP , can we make required Indexes on Standard Tables? *

Will it impact any maintenance related activity in future ?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Bhavik Shroff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I want to ask................

> Whether, this task requires authorizations or recomendations from SAP People ?

No authorization necessary.

> *Without informing to SAP , can we make required Indexes on Standard Tables? *

Yes.

> Will it impact any maintenance related activity in future ?

Yes - those indexes (the names of secondary self made indexes should start with Z) will need to be maintained on upgrades and support package installations (they will appear in SPDD).

There may be cases where a support package or an upgrade delivers indexes containing the same fields you have in your index and so fail during activation. You need to take care of that yourself then (e. g. delete your own index).

Markus

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Markus Doehr,

Thank You very Much.

Regards

Bhavik Shroff

Answers (0)