cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy IDOC (with data) from Production to DEV??

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I need to replicate a scenario in SAP R/3 Dev.

Actual IDOC is in Production along with data. I need to copy this data and test it in DEV.

Is theer a way to do it. (I do not want to use WE19, as each idoc has more than 100 segments in it).

Any smart and fast way of doing it.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Shirin

Edited by: Shirin K on Nov 7, 2008 9:28 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A simple solution would be to export the production idoc as file by configuring the File Port in the R3 system. U may then see it in tcode AL11. These files could be directly imported in Dev R3 system.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prateek,

Thanks for the reply.

A quick few questions:

Do I need to create a File port and this should be for sending data to DEV server (or anywhere?).

Then from IDOC WE02 or WE19, how do I send it to port. Do you mead triggering the IDOC as an OUTBOUND IDOC.

Appreciate if could help guide me.

Regards

Shirin

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do I need to create a File port and this should be for sending data to DEV server (or anywhere?).

No this option would be creating the file on the Production application server only. U have to move the data from there manually to Dev application server file system.

Then u have to import it using a file port connection in Dev and it will be creating Idocs for you. These idocs can then be resent as per the requirement.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies Prateek,

I am not able to follow your instructions.

Though it sounds rude, but can you give me a step-by-step approach with transactions if needed.

I am just feeling helpless.

Many thanks

Shirin

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We21 to create File port

Prod:

1.1. Create a file port

1.2. Use partner profile (we20) to send the Idocs to this port also.

1.3. The idocs using this port will be donloaded as a "File" on the File system of the production server

Dev:

2.1. Copy the files created in step 1.3 above to any location on File system of Dev server. (A manual process - by sharing folder or anything)

2.2. Create File port

2.3. Create outbound partner profile to import the idoc from the

folder at file system created at 2.1

Idocs are npw ready to use

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)