Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

document number as the reference

mvr_police
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all

this is mani

i have created a inquiry and then quotation with reference to inquiry, when i am trying to create a Order system giving as error stating that Check document number as the reference is not a quotation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

mvr_police
Participant
0 Kudos

thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mani ,

AS PER UR QUERY,PLZ CHECK THE FOLLOWING ONES

1) CHECK WHETHER IN VOV8 REFERENCE MANDATORY COLUMN IS FILLED WITH B OR LEFT BLANK.

2)CHECK WHETHER U ENTERED THE CORRECT QUOTATION NO.

3) CHECK WHETHER U HAVE CREATED THE SALES ORDER WITH REFERENCE TO QUOTATION.

4) AND THE LAST ONE IF UR USING RENAMED DOCUMENT ( NOT STD. ONES) TYPES CHECK IN COPY CONTROL, WHETHER U MAINTAINED IT OR NO.

REGARDS,

RAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mani,

At a small check, are you entering Quotation No. in Field: Reference Document No., or Inquiry No.?

I think, you are keying-in Inquiry No. as Reference Document no. for Sales Order creation.

At a larger check, is the copy control settings have been made b/w Quotation--Sales order in VTAA? (I think, it won't be the reason, but just for information-sake)

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create the Order with reference to the Quotation NOT with reference to Inquiry.

Therefore , while creating order with reference, when you get the dialog box, first select Quotation tab, then put the Quotation number and process.

mvr_police
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praduymna

Thank you for your reply

yes i have done the same, i have taken with reference to quotation and automatically the system takes quotation tab to enter the quotation number, after entering the quotation number system giveing me the erroer that's what i meant actally,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check if you have put "A" in ref. madatory field for your order type in VOV8... if it is "A" then leave it BLANK

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

From the error, what you have mentioned in your first query , it is looking like that instead of Quotation number possibly you are putting the Inquiry number.

So check the number you are putting . Is it Quotation number or Inquiry number you are putting by mistake.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you given the quotation number as ref. document while creating order ?

Hrishi