cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Web Service Proxy for a transaction with Microsoft Visual Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts out there,

I have created a simple transaction which I'd like to call as a webservice. Getting the WSDL from an authenticated browser (from which I started the xMII Workbench) works fine. But when I try to create a Web Reference within my Visual Studio project I only get the following output:

"XacuteWS" Description

Methods

Xacute ( LoginName As string , LoginPassword As string , InputParams As InputParams ) As Rowset

I think this is because my visual studio is not authenticated with the xMII server. So is there any way to achieve this? I have to find a way to generate a .NET proxy for out xMII web services because otherwise it would be too complicated to use the web services from within our .NET applications.

Thanks in advance for any hint on this topic!

Achim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two comments:

1) The generated proxy looks correct. If you explore the generated code for the InputParams object and the Rowset object, they should represent the incoming and outgoing data structures for your transaction. If not, and if you are returning an XML property type from the transaction, be sure that you have used the "Assign Reference Document" technique to tell MII what the structure of your outgoing document is (there are a few other discussion threads on that topic).

2) Personally, I find it much easier to consume MII services from .NET code using a URL-based technique instead of a SOAP based technique. Invoke the "Runner" servlet (see the documentation) and you'll get an XML document back, that will always be in the MII Rowsets/Rowset/Row format. Also, it is "self describing" because it includes Column metadata information. It is very trivial to load this into a .NET XmlDocument object and parse/process it. In fact, doing a similar approach, I've been able to make MII services appear as ADO.NET tables/stored procedures to .NET code.

Rick