cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS Webdynpro Code Generator overwrites custom source with old fragements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am developing Web Dynpro Components in Java with NWDS 7.1. and I am experiencing a strange behavoiur of the code generator. After I save the changes I made to a View in the "View Editor" the View is rebuild and the corresponding Java Source Code gets overwritten with an older version of it.

The same thing happens after editing the model or context bindings of the view controller, except that in this case all Java Sources are rebuild and overwritten. Its not that all method implementations are deleted, itu2019s the matter that they are replaced by older versions.

As a developer I think thatu2019s very dangerous, because sometimes I don't recognize which code areas are rewritten by designtime - I get Null Pointer Exu2019s by runtime.

Does anyone of you have an advice for me how to avoid these problems? Does anyone of you experienced the same behaviour before?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Andreas Horn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I experienced the same problem, which I fixed by upgrading NWDS. There was obviously a bug with the NWDS version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stan,

thanks for the answer. I am going to upgrade my NWDS and I'll than post the results!

regards,

Andreas

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This question fits much better in the Web Dynpro Java forum. Moving there...