cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML over AS2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

Can anyone give me the procedure or list of steps for sending xml over AS2 adapter?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arjun, no seeburger help is available online. U will have to use the standard documents provided along with Seeburger adapter. They carry all the relevant information.

The things u have to keep in mind is:

1. The certificate exchange details should be provided for AS2 adapter.

2. The bic and split module must be configured properly for AS2 CC.

3. If there is any custom mapping involved in the communication, then that mapping is deployed at the BIC mapper.

Regards,

Prateekv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

How do we get this BIC Mapper?or where or from whom we have to get this from?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again BIC mapper is a tool shipped as a part of Seeburger suite. This Mapper Designer tool helps in mapping the edi xml fomat into edi format and vice versa. There are standard mappings provided for it. But in case any deviation from standard mapping is required, then custom mappings could be defined in this tool. The configurations at this tool could be used in XI as an adapter module along with the mapping name to convert the EDI file format to EDI xml format or vice versa.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arjun,

For sending the XML message over AS2 adapter you mean that the EDI partner is on the receiver side?

Please reply then I can help you with the steps you need to follow.

Thank you.

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran

We are trying to send XML only to the third party (XML to XML,over AS2 adapter),can you give me the steps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

First you need to understand the use of AS2 adapter which is used to send and receive EDI messages. During the configuration of the AS2 adapter we use one module called BIC (Business Integration Converter) is used to convert EDI message to EDI-XML format which XI accepts and vice-a-versa.

In your case if you want to send EDI message to third party(EDI PARTNER) you need to configure:

1) Define a third party with Agency SEEBURGER and Scheme AS2ID and provide the name which is used for identifying receiver of the document.

2)Receiver communication channel with AS2 adapter under third party and for the module configuration for the BIC MappingName: the mapping that is intended for use must already be deployed using the SDM.

3)Create Receiver Agreement : Here you need to provide the certificate names that are present in the Keystore of sender and receiver both.

I hope this answer your question.

Thank you.

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

AS2 adapter is installed in our landscape ,and when I am trying to select the transport protocol and message protocol ,I can only see AS2 as transport protocol and AS2xml as the message protocol instead of the normal HTTP/ HTTPs for the Transport protocol and AS2 as message protocol.COuld anyone tell me if there is a problem.We need to send xml messages over the AS2 adapter and receive MDN's.Could anyone give me an idea on this?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reimport the SEEBURGER EDI ADAPTER 7.0 tpz file into Integration Repository and try again

Make sure that while you created the Receiver AS2 channel, you have selected the option u201CHandle received MDNu201D flag to u201CRefer MDN to XI Systemu201D.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

On re-examining the Adapter metadata I found it to be iWay XI Adapter for AS2,so would the documents for configuring this adapter be the same as we obtain from Seeburger or different?Also tell me where to get these details from?or any configuration document which can tell me the steps for configuring it,or where I can get it?

Thanks for all of your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Seeburger will be having different adapters like BIC,AS2,FTP,Iway etc.

If you are going to send messages using AS2 then you have to create AS2 adpter under Seeburger software component and import the AS2 xml file which seeburger provided.

Once you import and activate it then you can see them in the adapter list. Remember AS2 adapter will be having the transport protocol as Http/https and Message protocol as "AS2".

AS2 message will look like below.

Sender AS2ID : XXXXXXXXX

Receiver AS2ID : XXXXXXXX

Message Subject : XXXXXXXXXXx

Payload

-

with your payload message----

So you will be sending / Receiving the AS2 messages with your partners by using AS2IDs through http(s) transport protocol through AS2 adapter.

-Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun

Use the Developer guide come with installation for steps involved. Thats the correct source for the type of XML you want to send through AS2 Seeburger

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

You do not use the splitter for sending messages. The splitter is only used for specific receive scenarios.

The send messages please refer to the Seeburger AS2 guide. You will also find an example on how to set up the configuration.

Regards,

Jens