cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

infostructure - monthwise

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I have created one customized sales infostructure from existing S003 by adding some other characteristics. It is updating records on daily basis. Now for the same infostructure i want reports on monthly basis instead of day wise.

Is there any procedure to view the report from the customized info structure in monthly basis without changing / copying the existing one (i have daywise records, but i want monthwise records)

update mode is daywise, now we want to change to monthwise

regards

padma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for 1 infostructure, you can update for 1 type of date.

But, in your case, you can display data by month.

Execute your infostructure.

Click on characteritics (sales org for example).

In the menu, choose View/Hier Drilldown and select month.

You have this choice because your infostructure is update by day.

Another solution :

Create new infostructure in ref to your infostructure.

No update rules

Choose Month.

With Tcode MCSZ (or OLIX with "copy version" always with 000), you can create date in new infostructure by reading the first infostructure.

(fac : You can add a method (abap prog) if you are problems during the update)

Regards,

Lionel

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi padma

What Brian said is almost right . You need to copy the info structure S003 into your own info structure ,say S509 and then change the period to monthly basis in OMO1 i.e., update group .Now when the records get updated the and when you run S509 info structure then you can see the data monthly wise .But before that you need to update the sales order ,delivery and billing documents also so use t.codes OLI7 , OLI8 & OLI9 .

Regards

Srinath

former_member201147
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You're right Sri, but I think the initial post says that S003 was copied to a custom structure so that the characteristics could be changed.

Brian

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi brian

But even though it has been copied from standard info structure(S003) to self defined info structure , and this self defined info structure is in display mode only , i said to copy again and then do the remaining process like to change this new info structure in months in OMO1 .

Regards

Srinath

former_member201147
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can't have it both ways. If you want it both ways, then you will have to create another structure. If you want to change it from daily to monthly, then you have to change the updation criteria. As far as I know there isn't a way to change the records already in the table from daily to monthly. You can however delete the date and re-create it. Use transaction OLIX to delete the data. Then use OLI7, OLI8 and/or OLI9 to re-create the data.

Hope it helps,

Brian