cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA XML MDM Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to MDM (SAP for that matter) and I am in a situation where I need to import legacy SAP data to MDM, as well as provide access to insert records from other systems. I have to do these inserts by reading XML files. I have read up on JAPX, SAX and DOM, but none of the sample code I've found works. Can someone post a simple XMLReader sample that reads an XML fileor string; then displays the data in a list?

Thank You in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

brahmanandam_ausali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

can u please send me the code sample to read XML data,

i too in same situation to read XML file and insert data into MDM.

thanks in advance.

Brahmanandam Ausali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew:

You can find information about importing tools of MDM on this link

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/instguidesnw04

Then at the left menu:

SAP Netweaver->Release 04->Operations->SAP MDM->MDM 5.5 SP03 - Import Manager Reference Guide

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate the reasponses. I am aware that there is import functionality built in, and I will be sure to follow the link suggested. I will still need to process XML though, because I need a common language interface to translate between MDM and other systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Just FYI, MDM API is the only way to communicate with MDM. There is no other way to communicate with MDM.

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll still be using the MDM API. I will use XI for importing the bulk data during nthe conversion, but we have other stand-alone applications that will not use XI, so that is where I will need to impliment my web service using XML as the common language.

It's my understanding that XI was designed for high volume data transfer, but is not a good solution for inserts/updates/deletes of single records. I was able to read an XML file and store the data into an array. My next tesk is to write a program that will read data from an MDM table, then convert it to XML.

I appreciate all your responses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I hope you are refering to MDM 5.5. SAP's MDM 5.5 comes with different client tools which can be used for various operations like Importing data, Manual entry of data, sending the data out in the form of files etc.

So, for your case, there is a tool called Import Manager which can be used to import data from XML files. There is no coding required for this purpose.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rajani Kumar