Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile comparison required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

we have implemented the Dereived role concept, I have following scenario in my company

1. The roles which are derieved from parent role are showing RED in the authorisations Tab

2. the status of the profile says "Profile comparison required".

3. when i go into maintaining the authorization profiles - everything is green.

My question is how do i make the authorization tab status from RED to Green, Here i am talking about thousands of roles which are dereived from the Parent role & Why the authorization tab shows RED when all the objects inside are Green.

Regards

Naveen

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

It is clearly evident that the profiles of the derived roles are not generated.Had it been generated it would not have shown the status "Profile comparison required".

Hence, please go into the authorization data of each of the master roles and and then generate the derived roles from there with the help of the icon "Generate Derived roles".This will generate the profiles for all the derived roles and will change the status of the authorization tab of each of the derived roles to Green.

The reason why the authorization tab is showing RED when all the objects inside are Green is that the profiles of the derived roles are not generated.The inside authorization tab is showing Green because all the values of the auth. object within the role have been maintained.When you do not maintain the values for any org. level field within a role then the inside authorization is shown as RED indicating that some of the org level field values are missing, otherwise it would show as Yellow if the field value for any other auth. object was missing.

Thanks,

Saby..

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go in to master role once and click on authorizations tab, then click once again distribute changes to child roles.

If there are org fileds then maintain them in each child roles manually or through customized progam if you have it in your company.

then go in to supc and then copy all the roles you want and click on generate profiles. this is for mass generation of profiles.

thanks,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help