cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Split in production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

A sales order was created for with 6 line items for item category "ZTAB" and 1 delivery got created for all six line items. But 6 billing documents got created for each line item.

I checked the following things to check what is the reason:

Checked payer: Payer is same for all items

Billing date is same for all items

Payment terms & incoterms are also same for all items

And then I checked in copy controlls for del to bil at item level

routine 001 (invoice split sample) is maintained in VBRKVBRP field. I think every thing is ok.

Can any one please suggest me why billing split is happening. We have batch determination in delivery. 6 items are have 6 batch numbers in delivery. Is billing split happening due to the batch determination, if it is so kindly tell the solution.

Regards,

JM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a great feeling that you have misunderstood the concept of common division.

common division is for picking up conditions and picking up customer master records

Similarly common distribution channel is for picking up conditions and and customer and materials which are applicable to that distribution chaneel

So that assignment will work for only picking up conditions and customer masters with respect to that division

In actual billing that has no significance

Hence there are different divisions so it is splitting

This is my understanding abt common division.and common distribution channel

Experts have to correct me if i am wrong

Hence in your case the invoice split you cant avoid till you change the copy controls

The assignment in common distribution channels and common divisions is to have a shared master data

For distribution chaneel the condition master,customer master and material master can be shared

For division only condition master and customer master can be shared not material because each and every material is division specifichence no material in VOR2

yout pt of common div assignment has been done will not work until you change the copy controls

This is my opinion only.if somebody comes out with better soln i am looking forward to it

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 7, 2008 1:05 PM

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 7, 2008 1:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your response,

Actually I wanted to tell you that divisions for all items in sales order is same. So 001 has nothing to do with this problem and I tested the same in QA, there I got only 1 billing document for 6 line items.

But I can not understand why 6 billing documents created in production. Please help ne if you have any other suggestion.

Regards,

JM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Invoice split 001

If your company policy dictates that a new invoice should be created for each separate division and distribution channel, assign this requirement to the appropriate billing item category copy rule.

This is the meaning of Invoice split 001

check the dc and division and also credit limit and destination country

Try with 003 if you want a single invoice make sure the combination creteria are met

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Raja,

Thanks for your response,

We have 3 divisions like 10, 20, 30 and we are using common division 00 in ovr2, so i do not think it has any thing to do with this problem.

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the material groups for all the 6 line items, b'coz I have seen such kind of split due to different material groups.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hrishi,

Thanks for your response and I checked material group, it is same for all materials.

we could create 1 proform invoice for all 6 line items in delivery, but it is creating 6 billing documemts for 6 line items in delivey.

I am not sure why it is happening, Please help me on this

Regards,

JM

Edited by: JM on Nov 7, 2008 7:54 AM

Edited by: JM on Nov 7, 2008 7:55 AM