Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for milestone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

My scenario is like this.

I have a project with 3 WBS elements, one activity under each WBS element and one milestone under each activity.

1) In project builder, user A should be able to edit all the milestone parameters

2) In project builder, user B should not be allowed to do any changes in the milestone parameters but he should be able to completely view all the milestone parameters.

I hope this can be done through authorization.

But the problem is, CJ20N has an authorization object C_PROJ_TCD under which several authorization objects are coming (for Ex. WBS, activity, milestone etc.) so even if I set the auth obj for milestone (child object under C_PROJ_TCD) as display, it makes entire C_PROJ_TCD as display mode only.

Can anyone suggest me the logical steps to be performed for doing so.

Apart from authorization, if any other solution is possible, pl suggest me the same.

Pl dont suggest the SAP help link.

Useful reply will be awarded with full marks.

Thanks and Regards,

Parimal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you not give auth for cj03 and not cj20n

suggest give auth for cj03 - this should allow the uyser to display in via cj20n

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is done by the help of BASIS settings.

All the authorization objects relevant to Project system are attached to user role and in that role, the milestone authorization object is set to only display option.....This solved the problem.

Thanks for reply.