cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Order automated for inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am manage to create inspection lot with defaulted QM order maintain in QM view. But I wanted to have individual QM order created automatically for each inspection lot. Failed.

Setup

1. QM order type assigned to inspection type.

2. Tick indi order in QM view

Process - inspection lot is created manualy 89 origin.

No QM order is created for the lot. I still need to manually create the QM order in QA02. This should not be the case.

Anyone have done QM order for inspection lot? care to share?

dannysao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200271
Participant
0 Kudos

During the QM order automatic creation logic, make sure you have done below:

1. tick the option "Individual QM order" in Inspection setup-->inspection type

2. during creation of inspection lot, there must be some default CO object existed in Account Assignment, e.g. cost center, WBS Element,etc.

3. in order type QL02, make sure the settlement profile allows the settlement to the CO object in the account assignement of inspection lot.

this works for me fine.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, if inspection lot is created manually, need to specific the account.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

from SAP help ,for individual QM order tick in Material master record.

If you set this indicator, an individual QM order will be created for this combination of material and inspection type.

Dependencies

If the field for the QM order is also filled in addition to the indicator being set, this field will be taken into consideration only if an individual QM order could not be created as a result of a missing account assignment in the inspection lot.

To be able to create an individual QM order, the inspection lot must have an account assignment rule such as a customer order, cost center or asset.

i think your inspection lot doesn't have account assignment.kindly check it

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Exactly the account assignment is missing but I cannot find any where in the on-line help mentioned how the account assignment is automate during the inspection lot creation. Some missing link here, when inspection lot is created, how the system know which cost center to be used for the QM order,for auto QM order creation.

dannysao

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

If the inspection lot is automatically created (by GR for PO) then it will have the cost center or order etc which will be copied to the inspection lot and hence QM order will be created

If you are creating the inspection lot then it is necessary to specify the account assignment manually then QM order will be created

regards

thyagarajan