cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modification of Standard ESS Travel and Expense view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement that i need to add some custom(Input and display) fields in 'Create Travel Request' view of travel and Expense Page of standard ESS. Now this whole application is in ABAP web dynpro and it has lot of UI things in views which are called dynamically... now i just want to know is there any documentation regarding this ?? or if can anyone who has done this before send me steps to perform this..

Thanks in Advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michell,

Can you please pass on to me the link of help document of SPRO for T&E.

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michell.

Could you please share your points on updating data to backend.

Thanks

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michell,

Can you pls. let me know how you are able to save data of PTK99 fields. , I am having the same issue as you described above.

Dear Guru,

Any one can help on this .....,

Former Member
0 Kudos

*in addition to my question : - * I have done same thing , I mean added same fields in ECC back-end system by adding fields in PTK99 and modifying standard screen 9999 of program SAPMP56T using help document in SPRO..this same thing i have to replicate in ESS application ..

i can add fields by creating Enhancement Implementation for this ABAP WD but then how to store this data in back-end(ECC)..In back-end this data is getting stored in PLC1 cluster...

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you interested in specific steps for ESS Travel and Expense or general knowledge on making modifications to standard WDA?

I can't help you with specific ESS T&E as I have no experience with that application; but in general I would suggest that you check out the Enhancement Framework for making the modifications once you find the correct location. The tool is quite powerful in what it will allow you to do (especially within WDA) without actually having to modify the standard SAP application. This makes maintaining your modifications over time (and via support packages and enhancement packages) much simplier.

For more details on the Enhancement Framework with WDA have a look at this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/c5/f4b9422e0fb911e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all thanks a lot Thomas for the useful link about WD enhancement....

Now in my requirement i have to change standard ABAP WD application of ESS T&E ...and in this application in the main LAYOUT_VIEW 3-4 viewContainerUIElements are provided and input fields and buttons are getting populate Dynamically inside these viewContainerUIElements. This application also has one Component Configuration ..

Now in general i want to know that is the dynamic visibility of UI elements done through component configuration or using ABAP WD code??.. cause in my case i have to add an input field on this view and its visibility is to be dynamically controlled same like dynamic visibility of standard UI elements inside standard viewContainerUIElements on this same standard view...

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Now in general i want to know that is the dynamic visibility of UI elements done through component configuration or using ABAP WD code

Technically it can be done either way. I think generally you will find that the approach used will depend upon the complexity of the conditions that control the visibility. Obviously with dynamic coding you can get far more complex.

Just because ViewContainUIElements are used doesn't necessarily indicate that the UI elments are created dynamically. Follow the view embeddings within the window to see if these are just statically defined sub-views. You can also choose field help and choose the technical information at runtime and it will show you techincal informaiton like what view the UI element is from. This can help if there is deep component or view nesting.