Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Transport of Auth Obj Maintained in SU24

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I went in to SU24 and maintianed fields in an auth object of a transaction, then after saving it asked me to create a transport and i did that.

Now i regenerated the role and it pushed the new auth obj/fields in role.

what happens if dont create a transport for the modifications that i did in SU24 for a particular Auth Obj and if i transport that role to TST.

will this automatically update the auth object in SU24 in TST ? or will it just be in role because of the role transport?

thanks,

Sun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what happens if dont create a transport for the modifications that i did in SU24 for a particular Auth Obj and if i transport that role to TST.

The changes will reflect in the ROLE in TST ( i guess its the SID of Quality server), however the SU24 in TST won't get updated to reflect whatever you in did in Development System.

will this automatically update the auth object in SU24 in TST ? or will it just be in role because of the role transport?

Yes, it will only be the role transport.

The role will work fine, however this would break the relationship of Auth Objects & Tcode in TST, (when you click on the "Where-Used List" in TST you won't be able to find which Tcode brought that particular auth object in the role.

Regards,

Zaheer

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The changes will reflect in the ROLE in TST ( i guess its the SID of Quality server), however the SU24 in TST won't get updated to reflect whatever you in did in Development System.

Yes, it will only be the role transport.

The role will work fine, however this would break the relationship of Auth Objects & Tcode in TST, (when you click on the "Where-Used List" in TST you won't be able to find which Tcode brought that particular auth object in the role.

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thankss Zaheer