cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicate-Date and Exclude Field Value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts.

I got a 2 questions regarding Syndication.

1.I am trying to Syndicate Values, where I need to Exclude certain Company Type value?

2. Also I need Syndication performed on the 15th of every month?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

As rightly mentioned by Nitin,You need to use Search Criteria to filter out only a valid set of Company code records.

Howvever the only problem you will face here is that,you cannot make multiple selection in the free form or drill down search.

Eg:If you want to Exclude records of material types say A and B,you cannot put a search for material type field as A,B.

It will not give you any search result.You can either filter out all records of type A or type B at a given time.

For Periodic Syndication you have the option in the Console for ports properties to set the Syndication time

as Scheduled to run every Hourly, Week,Daily.

Every 15 days is not provided by the system.

However there could be a workaround by using the syndication batch and the windows scheduler to run the same.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona ,

Are syndicator batch & Windows scheduler available in SP06 ?

Thanks,

Anand K

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Very helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

I got a 2 questions regarding Syndication.

1.I am trying to Syndicate Values, where I need to Exclude certain Company Type value?

2. Also I need Syndication performed on the 15th of every month?

Sol -

1. In the syndicator mapping, go to the free form search on the left hand side. Go to the Company code field and choose EXCUDES as the operator. And mention the Value which you want to exclude in the Syndication. Save that map and meniton in the Outbound Map.

So, all the records which do not have that company code value will be syndicated.

2. Generally, we keep the syndication as Continous. However for the requirement, you can use the feature : Next Syndication Date/Next syndication Time in the port setting in Console.

Please refer to the link below for detail:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Go to Repository maintenance->Other System Tables->Ports table.

You can find the property there. However I could find any option of monthly there. You can choose weekly syndication option from there.

Also refer to the MDSS config,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/ff/37e4c6857449388ddb6c77f160ac4f/frameset.htm

Go to-> MDSS

If you want to know about the details of setting Automatic Syndication, then follow the steps below:

Automatic Importing and Syndication-

1. Create an Outbound port with processing type as Automatic.

2. Open Syndication manager, you will see the fields created in MDM as Source items.

3. Goto,File,Destination properties,Choose the XML schema option first to do mapping.

4. Choose an XML schema which you have.

5. Proceed with field to field mapping, save the map with a specific name.

6. Add this map in the option which you have in Console.

7. Once again open syndicator & choose port option, you will be abkle to see the mapping of fields.

8. Goto,Syndication Server folder in Server,Open MDSS.ini file & change the password & username of your repository. Change the time interval also.

9. Resart the server to enable the changes made.

10. Check auto syndication by doing automatic changes.

You can find the complete process of Automated Syndication in the 2 links mentioned below:

1) Master Data Management Import Server and Master Data Management Syndication Server - Webinar Powerpoint

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8973bcaf-0801-0010-b7a7-f6af6b1d...

2) MDM Syndication - This gives you the MDSS config required in the .ini file

Hope this info helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain