cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Script & SMARTFORM import - Prog. RSTXSCRP????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We hv my_SAP_Script in DEV system of FarmSeeds box.................now, I need to get(import/copy) in the same my_SAP_Script into DEV system of FarmChemicals box,

So, in this perspective am looking the prog. of RSTXSCRP............but, it looks like its does not meets my requiremet,

So, let me know that,

1- If it meets my requirement, pls.let me know How to do it, I mean, Is I need to IMPORT to a .txt file on my local desktop?

2 - How to get it from DEV of one box to DEV of another box?

3 - The same case for SAMRTFORM also!

replies appreciated

thanq

Edited by: SAP ABAPer on Nov 6, 2008 7:05 PM

Moved to correct forum by moderators

Edited by: Matt on Nov 6, 2008 8:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once you execute this report give the form name and choose export from source system and give the path where you want to save.

target system

execute the same report form name same but EXPORT and give the path where you saved it in the Source system... it asks for the transport request .. create one and the layout set stuff is in target sys

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanq.

for SMARTFORMS also, I did the same, so, looks like its working.

but, clarify,

1 - shuld i check the check box of BINARY FORMAT?

2 - In the Target system, system is forcing me to give/specify the SAME NAME, wht we hv in SOURCE system...........say, my_sap_script??? so, is it so? or Can I give any name? bcoz, here at thisa client need to follow naming conventions?

2 - looks like, i can NOT RENAME the sap script? is it correct or is it possible to RENAME the script, if so, how?

thaq

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this program doesnot force you to use the same name, its neither manadatory to use the same name...

to rename or do some changes you can copy using Utilities menu copy from client or as per your requirement.

Binary format and all is just the type of file that saves the data into.. its better you go chekcing the binary format and save it a .txt file

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanq

1 - if i specify my own name, system is showing the following error message.............

ERROR: Dataset does not contain object Z_my_script_in_target_system but Z_my_script_in_source_system

but, am overcoming this issue, by using menu>utilitie>COPY facility, i mean, i am able to give my own name.

so, am thinking that, system is forcing me to specify the same name?? sorry, if am wrong!!

2 - after executing this prog.-RSTXSCRP............system itself giving format as .FOR............so, u want me to change it to .txt format?

thanq

Edited by: SAP ABAPer on Nov 6, 2008 11:35 PM

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

format doesn't matter much.. any format would be fine..its not worth to think on it....

all we need to make sure is to keep the format in sync... what so ever format you export needs to be readable by the target system during import.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use RSTXSCRP for the SAP Scripts, in your source system EXPORT the SAP Script to a file on your desktop. In the target system use the same report in IMPORT mode.

Alternatively you can include the SAP Script(s) on a transport request, release it and then import the transport into the target system. You will have to use a transport for the SmartForms anyway.

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanq.

for SMARTFORMS also, I did the same, so, looks like its working.

but, clarify,

1 - shuld i check the check box of BINARY FORMAT?

2 - In the Target system, system is forcing me to give/specify the SAME NAME, wht we hv in SOURCE system...........say, my_sap_script??? so, is it so? or Can I give any name? bcoz, here at thisa client need to follow naming conventions?

2 - looks like, i can NOT RENAME the sap script? is it correct or is it possible to RENAME the script, if so, how?

3- pls. clarify ur statement below,

" You will have to use a transport for the SmartForms anyway"

thaq

Edited by: SAP ABAPer on Nov 6, 2008 8:08 PM