cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction code '?' from http task type on ERP system.

peter_oneill
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I am working on an issue for a customer at the moment where he activley monitors the st03n workload stats on a daily basis. The average response time for the end user has consistently remained below 1 second. However, it spikes once every week. The transaction/report with the highest average response time during that time period is listed as '?' in the Workload Monitor. It shows that '?' is running by SAPSYS but that user does not exist in the production environment.

This u2018?u2019 transaction code is showing up under the HTTP task type only. The end users go through the portal using the SAP GUI for html to access the ERP system.

This is really a request for clarification as to what this '?' transaction and why it showing up on the customers system. I would appriciate any assistance you could give me here as i am stumped at the moment.

Kind Regards, Peter.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAPSYS is a technical user which is not defined in SU01.

It is used to run programs without authentication or before authentication.

For exemple the logon transaction where you enter your user and password runs with this special user SAPSYS.

On some systems, I have also long HTTP resposne times for user SAPSYS.

I think this is because we use a SAP Web Dispatcher and offline backups on this system.

The web dispatcher polls the message server with HTTP requests every few seconds (depends from the profile file).

If the web dispatcher is not stopped during the offline backup, when the abap system restarts after the backup, I think that the ICM (internal web server) starts before the message server is able to answer to http requests. the effect is long wait times and so long HTTP response times for SAPSYS user.

You can check these response times with STAD.

Here is an example for a 23 seconds response time :

Analysis of time in work process

CPU time 297 ms Number Roll ins 0

RFC+CPIC time 0 ms Roll outs 0

Enqueues 0

Total time in workprocs 2.568 ms

Load time Program 443 ms

Response time 23.240 ms Screen 325 ms

CUA interf. 0 ms

Wait for work process 20.672 ms

Processing time 262 ms Roll time Out 0 ms

Load time 768 ms In 0 ms

Generating time 0 ms Wait 0 ms

Roll (in+wait) time 0 ms

Database request time 1.538 ms Frontend No.roundtrips 0

Enqueue time 0 ms GUI time 0 ms

Net time 0 ms

You see that most of the response time is waiting for the work process (which is current ly starting).

The called URL is

HTTP Path: /sap/public/icman

If your response times are the same as my case, then there is no worry : it is just the normal startup...

Regards,

Olivier

jiri_lejsek
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have the same "problem" but your explanation does not fit to my situation. The system is Windows/MSSQL, no offline backups, no webdispatcher. It occured 2 times during last month. Last time it was 13 steps between 7:00 and 8:00. There are no entries in any log (syslog, icm, OS) at that time. In syslog there are 13 timeouts of user SAPSYS at 9:57:10 (strange that it is in the same second) - timeout is 2 hours so it corresponds to those 13 long "running" steps. All process time is in "Wait time" and average is 1490s (also strange). It is too old for tr. STAD. Problem appears since our web application is more used (it has specified user in "External alias" so it never runs without a user).

Any ideas?

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This question is better off in , I will ask a moderator to move it.

peter_oneill
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Did you find a solution to this problem. We are still having this issue and doesnt seem like anyone has seen this before.

Do you know how to recreate this problem as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the database and it's release?

Former Member
0 Kudos

oracle 10.2.0.2.0