cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External break pt doesnt work!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am on SRM 5.0.with integrated ITS.I am trying to activate external debugger but unable to do so.

I have some lines of code in a badi (BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI) and trying to debug that using the external debugger.Under UTILITIES-->SETTINGS,i have set the User name ,selected the new debugger radio button and checked the option for ACTIVATE SESSION BRKPT IMMEDIATELY.

Also i have inserted the external breakpt in my badi.

However when i login through the web,i am unable to see the debugger session!

Can anyone please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two possibilities:

1. Tthe LOGON IDs are not matching - the web application you are using is not using the logon id you used to set the break point. What application you are talking about here? Are there any alias ids involved during the web application logon process?

2. You are using External debugging with IP matching turned on and the ABAP session is in a different system

I think it is the first one.

Easwar Ram

http://www.parxlns.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The logon ID's used are the same.

What application you are talking about here?

-->Im in the shopping cart application

Are there any alias ids involved during the web application logon process?

-->Can you pls exlain in detail what do you mean by this?

I have marked IP matching.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Possible options:

1. Wrong userid (when creating a PO it's mostly WF-BATCH who to enable external breakpoints for, for shopping cart the login user for the web should be used).

2. The doc_change_badi is not getting called as the filter is not set for shopping cart (BUS2121).

3. You have set the breakpoint in the wrong method.

4. You have set the breakpoint in an area of code that is not processed in the method.

5. Disable IP matching, it has never worked for me.

Regards,

Robin